This page and the next are taken from "The BookList's "God's GetWell Good News Letter.
The 10 Commandments of Health in God's GetWell Plan ...and How They Relate to...
The Energy Enhancers of Natural Hygiene in Victoria's YearBook
Dear GetWell Friends... "The 10 Energy Enhancers" first presented in The Health Seekers' YearBook and now in "The Health Reports" are in a form the secular world can best appreciate. There is no mention of "God" and no Christian theology to upset The Agnostic, The Atheist, The Eastern Philosopher, The New Paradigmer, or The New Ager! The Christian Hygienist, on the other hand, can perhaps best appreciate "The 10 Energy Enhancers" in the form of "The 10 Commandments of Health" as presented below. Note that the omnipresent Pure Air and Pure Water flowing throughout The Garden of Eden, along with the glorious Sunlight and the mild, Right Temperatures, complete with readily available Sleep and Rest areas, and the perfect paradise for delightful and Regular Exercise pursuits, all... were God-givens in that pristine setting! And "the peace that passeth all understanding" and their Nurturing Relationships with each other and with God were supreme! In short, all "The 10 Energy Enhancers" were in full supply before The Fall and before the fated expulsion from The Garden! It was "the perfect set up" to support the "fearfully and wonderfully made" human forms so graciously given our ancestors by The Almighty. In "The 10 Commandments of Health," I have moved Energy Enhancers #10 & #9 up to #1 & #2, respectively: then I moved the first 8 down accordingly, to set the priorities on the... Straight & Narrow!
The 10 Commandments of Health
1. Thou shalt seek the most Nurturing Relationships possible, starting first and foremost with The Lord. (Supporting Scripture: "Thou shalt love The Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: This is The First Commandment." Mark 12: 30.)
2. Thou shalt practice Cleanliness so that thou shalt not defile with any manner of impure thought or act thy body. (Supporting Scripture: "What? Know ye not that your body is The Temple of The Holy Spirit, which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore, glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." (I Corinthians 6: 19 - 20.)
3. Thou shalt breathe Pure Air.
4. Thou shalt drink Pure Water.
5. Thou shalt eat of Ideal Foods. (Supporting Scripture: "And God said, 'Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.'" Genesis 1:29.)
6. Thou shalt secure Adequate Rest and Sleep.
7. Thou shalt maintain Right Temperatures.
8. Thou shalt partake of the Sunlight.
9. Thou shalt shun slothfulness and seek Regular
10. Thous shalt seek Emotional Balance and receive the peace that passeth all understanding through doing unto others as you would have them do unto you. (Supporting Scripture: "...Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself..." Mark 12:31) Time is also to be spent in stewardship for The Earth and all creatures.
Natural Hygiene for The Children of God Page 4